Friday, May 7, 2010

Hiking in California

OK, so I just recently decided I was bored of doing the same ole stuff every weekend so we have decided to start trying out some of the hiking trails here in S.California. It is suppose to be some of the best hiking, but personally I will always love the hiking in WA better. We have gone hiking the past two weekends and I believe the plan is to go again this weekend, it is so much fun and a great way for us to get good quality Dave time(It is great to see him and Brandon do total boy things on the trails!).

The first trail we decided to try said it was only 2.2mi & moderate---they lied! It may only be 2.2 mi but it is 1.1 mi straight up the mountain side and then straight back down. We were not prepared for this strenuous of a hike but we powered through because the view from the top was absolutely breath taking. This only reason people do this hike it for the trip back down, beautiful! So because of our first hike we decided to change the location for our second one. The second place was great also, it is an actually park with tons of trails coming and going. The trail we decided to pick was 1.5mi in to a waterfall, so 3mi round trip. Now Dave and I were expecting a WATERFALL, but when we got there it was an awesome rock wall with a little trickle down it with a few pools where the rocks leveled out. Still really pretty but no waterfall that we were used to. :) I think this weekend will head back to the same area and just pick a different trail. It is so relaxing for me and great to get away from all the hub-bub of LA!

Dave next to "The Waterfall"

The top of "The Waterfall"

Brandon Hike #2--Chumash Indian Hut

The Top!

Brandon & Shelby on Hike 1

Dave & Isa on the first hike!

1 comment:

  1. Look at the pic of Dave and Isa, their mouths are EXACTLY the same...wierd

    ReplyDelete