Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Salmon La Sac

 
Posted by Picasa

This was our first camping trip to Salmon La Sac, all of my siblings were able to make it except Shawn, too bad! There are so many of us and we all have our own busy lives it is so hard to get all of us together at one time, that is why this trip and our next one were so special.

There is this really cool rock that you can jump off of into the river it is probably 15ft high and yes, of course, I did it! We are all pretty daring people so usually it is a race to see who can do it first or the best. After jumping off the rock a few times I decided to get brave and try the rope swing that was across the river and probably another 5-10 ft higher. That was a lot of fun but on the last day we decided to go off the rope swing one last time. The rope twisted at the last second and when I finally hit the water, my butt hit first. I hit so hard that I had the deepest tailbone bruise ever, it felt like I broke it! I couldn't sit or run or anything for almost the rest of the summer. This happened at the beginning of July and it took well into Aug for my butt to feel like normal again! I joked all summer about my butt being broken. Needless to say our second trip to the same campground I DID NOT go on the rope swing again!!! HAHA

2 comments: